We, Liberty Insurance Limited (“Liberty Insurance”), incorporated under the laws of Vietnam, is strongly committed to the protection of your personal data. This is our policy for handling personal data collected from or about job applicants. Please note that by submitting your job application online, you will be personally & directly transferring your personal data to Liberty Insurance and Liberty Mutual Group of Companies.
“Personal Data” refers to electronic information in the form of symbols, letters, numbers, images, sounds, or equivalences associated with an individual or used to identify an individual. The personal data includes basic personal data and sensitive personal data.
“Information used for identification of an individual" refers to information that results from an individual's activities and may identify an individual when it is combined with other stored information and data.
2. Personal Data to be collected from you
The types of Personal Data we may process depends on the products or services we may provide you. We will collect the following Personal Data from you to fulfill the purposes specified in Article 5 of this policy:
Basic Personal Data such as:
- Personal information: last name, middle name, first name, date of birth, gender, nationality, employment details;
- Identification information: identity card and/or personal identification number/s, passport number, driver's license, license plate, personal tax, social or insurance card number/s, images/photographs;
- Contact information: mailing address, home address, telephone number, email; and
- Family information: marital status, family relationships, dependents;
Sensitive Personal Data such as:
- Financial & Transaction information: bank account, credit card, debit card, credit bureau records, payment/transaction records;
- Digital information: information collected automatically when using our websites and/or mobile applications such as IP information, cookies, logins;
- Information about health status in health examination reports, information in criminal record reports provided by you (if any);
- Information about your income level (if any); and
- Information about ethnicity, religion, and political affiliation that you are involved in (if any).
3. Processing of your Personal Data
“Personal Data Processing” refers to one or multiple activities that impact on Personal Data, including collection, recording, analysis, confirmation, storage, rectification, disclosure, combination, access, traceability, retrieval, encryption, decryption, copying, sharing, transmission, provision, transfer, deletion, destruction or other relevant activities virtually or physically.
4. Who your Personal Data may be shared with
We may disclose the Personal Data collected from you or about you to third parties, whether located in Vietnam or elsewhere, in order to achieve the purposes stated in this policy. Such third parties include:
- appropriate entities within the Liberty Mutual Group of Companies;
- our service providers, contractors and agents, including those which provide administrative, data processing, computer or other services to us;
- third parties that introduced or referred you to us or that you submit your job application to, including employment agencies, referral agencies, business introducers, online job portals or similar service providers;
- regulatory authorities, any statutory bodies or public agencies for the purposes of complying with their respective requirements, policies and directives or to seek information about you.
In addition to the data you provide, we may obtain from third parties (including referees) further data relating to you which is relevant to your potential employment with us. In doing so, we may disclose your personal data to such third parties.
We may also collect, use and disclose personal data where required or permitted by law for any purpose.
5. Purposes for collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect from you or about you is or may be used for the following purposes:
- assessing and processing your job application;
- contacting you in respect of your job application;
- validating all references provided and conduct screening and background checks;
- assessing you for other job opportunities with us or our parent and affiliated companies, both locally and overseas (“Liberty Mutual Group of Companies”);
- complying with our internal policies, procedures and directives;
- reviewing and improving our recruitment policies and processes;
- research, planning, statistical analysis and policy development relating to human resource management;
- if applicable, preparing for and arranging your relocation to Vietnam in anticipation of employment, including making travel and accommodation arrangements and applying for an employment pass or work permit;
- any other purposes relating to or arising out of the above.
6. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain Personal Data for a reasonable period in accordance with our legal and business purposes. Personal data obtained from unsuccessful job applicants will usually be destroyed within one (1) year of rejection.
7. Reference checks
We may conduct a background check on you either directly or through a third party acting on our behalf. The reference check will only involve information about your previous work history or within the extent permitted by law.
You agree that when providing your referees to us, you consent to our background check activity mentioned above. You ensure that you have obtained all necessary consents from your referees to provide their information in your job application profile.
8. Your rights & obligations
Subject to applicable laws, you have the below rights in respect of your Personal Data:
- To be informed;
- To give consent;
- To access Personal Data;
- To withdraw consent;
- To delete Personal Data;
- To obtain restriction on processing;
- To obtain Personal Data;
- To object to processing;
- To rectify/update inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- Other rights following the laws.
Please note that, if we must erase or take other actions on your personal information following your request, we may not be able to process our recruitment or employment with you. In such circumstances, we have the right (and not obligation) to cease such process(es).
If you have requests, questions or concerns regarding your Personal Data or any aspect of this policy, please contact us at: recruitment@LibertyInsurance.com.vn
If your request incurs cost to us, we may charge you a reasonable fee.
9. Risks and security measures
You acknowledge that despite the application of stringent security measures and management practices by us and/or Personal Data Processor, the risk of cyberattacks or data breaches cannot be entirely eliminated.
In cases of incidents or force majeure situations, you understand that there is a possibility of risks arising from the unauthorized use of your Personal Data, which could lead to potential exposure to fraudulent activities or other unlawful actions by unauthorized users.
“Personal Data Processor” is an organization or individual that processes data on behalf of us, through an agreement with us.
10. Consent to provide and allow processing of Personal Data
You agree to permit us to process Personal Data as outlined in this policy. This policy may be updated, modified, and aligned with legal requirements, and it only holds value upon your agreement.