Liberty automobile compulsory third party liability
Automobile compulsory third party liability (CTPL) is a type of compulsory insurance for civil liability of motor vehicle owners according to Decree No. 03/2021/ND-CP issued by the Government on January 15, 2021 to carry out support activities, limit the loss of deaths, injuries, and property to third parties, the damage to dealths, injuries of the passengers on the vehicle in the event of an accident caused by your car.
Civil liability coverage
Civil liability coverage for car owners in the event of an accident affecting injuries, deaths and property with a third party.
150 million VND for bodily injuries
Coverage up to 150,000,000 VND/person/occurance for death and injuries damage caused by your car if the accident occurance falls under the scope of coverage.
100 million VND for property damage
Compensation up to 100,000,000 VND/occurance for third-party property damage caused by your car if the accident occurance falls under the scope of coverage.
Easy online purchase
Buying auto liability insurance online is easy and fast, with a variety of payment methods on Liberty Insurance's website.
Get your e-certificate instantly
Get a convenient and fast e-certificate as soon as you complete your online purchase.
Transparent claim process
With Hotline Onecall 1800 599 998 Liberty Customer Service Center will support and guide customers immediately.
Liberty Car Compulsory Third Party Liability
Owners of cars participating in traffic and operating in the territory of Vietnam
Death, bodily injury and/or property loss and damage to a third party caused by your car
Liability of insurance
Death, bodily injury damage: 150,000,000 VND for one person in an occurance
Are you in need of buying automobile compulsory third party liability?Buy now with Liberty
Issued together with Circular 04/2021/TT-BTC. *Premium does not include 10% Value Added Tax
|Type of Automobile Vehicles||Premium (VND) / year|
|Of under 6 seats||437.000|
|Of between 6 and 11 seats||794.000|
|Of between 12 and 24 seats||1.270.000|
|Passenger-and-cargo automobiles (Pickup, mini van)||437.000|
|Of under 6 seats as registered||756.000|
|Of between 6 and 11 seats as registered||929.000 - 1.656.000|
|Of between 12 and 18 seats as registered||1.822.000 - 2.869.000|
|Of between 19 and 25 seats as registered||3.041.000 - 4.813.000|
|Of over 25 seats||4.813.000 + 30.000 x (number of seats - 25 seats)|
|Passenger-and-cargo automobiles (Pickup, mini van)||933.000|
|Cargo-transporting automobiles (Trucks)|
|Of under 3 tons||853.000|
|Of 3 and 8 tons||1.660.000|
|Of between 8 and 15 tons||2.746.000|
|Of over 15 tons||3.200.000|
Buy Automobiles CTPL nowBUY NOW
Common questions about automobile compulsory third party liability
- 1. What is the automobile compulsory third party liability?
Automobile compulsory third party liability is a type of compulsory insurance for civil liability of motor vehicle owners according to the provisions of law. Thereby, the damage to the death, body injuries, and property of the third party or the passengers on the vehicle in the event of an accident caused by the car owner will be indemnified by the insurer if the accident falls under the coverage.
- 2. Why do I have to buy automobile compulsory third party liability?
According to Decree 03/2021/ND-CP of the Government, automobile CTPL insurance is a type of compulsory insurance for motor vehicle owners participating in traffic and operating in the territory of Vietnam.
In case the driver/vehicle owner fails to present the valid automobile CTPL certificate when participating in traffic, he/she will be administratively sanctioned in accordance with the law.
- 3. Where can I buy automobile compulsory third party liability?
You can buy automobile CTPL through insurance companies that are allowed to deploy this insurance in accordance with the law. At Liberty Insurance Vietnam, customers can buy automobile CTPL insurance online with just 3 steps right here on this page and get an insurance certificate with immediate effect.
Step 1: Enter vehicle information and desired insurance period
Step 2: Fill in personal information
Step 3: Confirm and proceed to payment
- 4. What should I do if I have an accident when I have purchased automobile compulsory third party liability?
When purchasing automobile CTPL at Liberty Insurance Vietnam, in case of an accident/incident causing damage to a third party, customers please take the following notification measures:
- Immediately notify the nearest authorities about the incident/accident or call 113
- Immediately notify Liberty Customer Service Center about the incident/accident by calling Onecall 1800 599 998 (24/7).
- Provide incident/accident information and follow the instructions of the Customer Service Center at the scene.
- 5. What is the claim process for automobile compulsory third party liability at Liberty Insurance Vietnam?
- Inform to Insurance company in writing.
- Fill in Claim Form - Auto CPTL and mail the necessary documents as required from Liberty’s Claims handler.
- Notice to the third parties the paid amount from the insurance company according to Decree No. 03/2021/NĐ-CP and pay claims.
- Collect and cooperating with Insurance company to collect necessary documents for the claim.
Customers can find out about the detailed auto liability insurance claim process at: https://www.libertyinsurance.com.vn/en/claim-motocare-ctpl
- 6. What are the exclusions of the automobile compulsory third party liability?
The following cases will not be covered for damage in accordance with the law:
- Intentional act of causing damage
- Deliberately running away without performing civil responsibilities
- Driver under-age or over-age to operate a vehicle as prescribed or without a valid driving license
- Damage caused by indirect consequences
- Driving with blood or breath alcohol concentration, using prohibited drugs while driving
- Property is stolen or robbed in an accident
- Damage with special property
- Cases of force majeure such as war, terrorism, earthquake