The level of information gathered by Liberty varies depending upon your request. The gathering of this information is designed with you in mind so that we can better service the products we offer you. Here are some examples of the types of information the Liberty website collects if you choose to provide it:
• "Contact Us" & Other Email Forms – Full name, phone number & Email Address
• Request for Information Forms - Name & Mailing Address and/or Email Address
The information Liberty collects is used to:
• Provide policy quotes when requested.
• Administer insurance policies.
• Answer questions or concerns.
• Register participants for Liberty sponsored events.
• Provide information requested in a timely manner.
• Detect and investigate illegal activity, including fraud, money laundering or terrorism financing.
• Comply with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations, including respond to requests from public and governmental authorities.
• Comply with Liberty Insurance Limited and Liberty Mutual Group of Companies policies and standards.
• Achieve other legitimate business purposes, for example, to carry out research and analysis, including analysis of our customer base and other individuals whose personal information we to analyze behavior, preferences and interests, develop new products, improve our services, identify usage trends, understand the interests of our users, to plan and execute business transactions (including joint ventures and business sales) and for other legitimate business purposes.
By using our website, Liberty is able to log general statistical information (from log files) such as the domain name, IP address and browser type of our website visitors. With the information gathered, we are better able to create a customized experience for your visit to our website. The log file information does not contain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, phone, etc. and is used only in the aggregate.
What is a cookie? Cookies are sets of information that our web server assigns to you when you visit our website. Cookies are used in a few areas of our site only for maintaining information between pages. They are not used for storing or tracking personal information from our customers. These cookies simply carry forward information that you submitted on one screen to the next screen, eliminating the need for redundant entry. These cookies do not gather any other personal information from you or your computer. You do have a choice whether or not to accept the cookie, however, if you reject the cookie or if cookies are disabled on your web browser, some parts of the website shall not be operable.
Liberty is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites on the Internet that may be linked to the Liberty website. Please note that when you click on links to websites outside of www.libertyinsurance.com.vn
The Liberty website is designed to give our customers, prospective customers, and visitors a confidential means of gathering information about our Company, services and products and for doing business with us over the Internet.
Accordingly, our website shall only collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to service your request. If you have provided personal information on our website for various purposes, including, without limitation to, to obtain a policy quote, administer your insurance policies, or ask us a question, in order to service your request, we may need to make your personal information available to:
• Our Liberty Mutual Group of Companies: Other Liberty Mutual affiliates may have access to and use of your personal information in connection with the conduct of our business where appropriate and always on the "need-to-know" basic.
• Our service providers: External third-party service providers and Liberty Mutual affiliates in a service provider role, such as accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; call center service providers; IT systems and management, IT support and security service providers (including data storage, back-up and/or processing vendors); cloud providers, research and analytics service providers; claim investigators and adjusters; and similar third-party service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities, who are all legally bound by confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements with us.
• Other third parties: To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stake (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); to reinsurance companies.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: To comply with legal process, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside Vietnam, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; to detect and prevent fraud; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not sell any customer information to mailing list companies or telemarketing companies.
Personal information you have provided is limited to employees and agents of Liberty who need to know that information in order to service your request. Liberty maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to guard your personal information. Liberty retains the information collected for as long as required or permitted by law or regulation.
Last Updated: 16 June 2017.